Saturday, April 5, 2014

Mild-Mannered Receptionist Has No Weekend Plans, Just Glad It's Friday

Beverly Donan, a 53 year old divorced receptionist at a construction equipment rental company stated Friday that she had no weekend plans but was just glad that it was Friday. 

"Everyone was talking about all of the big plans that they had this weekend.  I heard 'Farmer's Market' thrown around a few times.  I even heard about some parade in the park.  Honestly, I just want to relax and listen to Delilah--It's been a stressful week.  Sometimes I feel like that cat!" explained Beverly pointing to her classic “Hang in There” poster.   

It's believed that Ms. Donan prefers to spend her weekend times at home relaxing with her Shar Pei or reading back issues of Reader's Digest. 

"I just feel awful.  My friend Sharon was saving all of these back issues for me and I swore I'd get around to reading them and could never have the time, between the bake sales for church and the weeds in the garden.  I think now may be a good time to get started.  I can't wait to see the jokes.  There are usually a few I can throw around at Sunday school that'll get a pretty good chuckle.   I should probably stay home anyway, Betsy, my Shar Pei has had a bladder infection so I've really had to watch her lately”

Ms. Donan's situation is believed to be unique in that she looks forward to Fridays ALL week. 

"I mean, as soon as Monday gets here I'm like 'Ahhh!..is it Friday yet?!?' Everyone chuckles, because they know it's not but they can't wait either." 

Whenever she gets stressed, she turns to her calendar of inspirational quotes, scented candles, and smooth jazz by John Tesh she keeps in her cubicle. 

“It would be nice to do brunch with some friends.  Most of mine are with their husbands on weekend mornings.  I suppose I could try online dating, but I just heard that there are so many crazy people on the internet.  I mean, I watched that Dateline show a few years back. ”


The most recent reports indicate that Ms. Donan is considering purchasing a cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment